This page lists classes taught by CCCoders, organized by school year. If you have any extra questions or are not sure what class material you are looking for, don’t hesitate to contact us for help.
These are the classes being taught this year!
This class is led by August. We will cover the fundamentals of video game development in the Unity engine and C#. Advanced difficulty.
This class is led by Laura and Katie. It will focus on how we can merge code with art in the language Python. Intermediate difficulty.
This is led by CCCoder's own advisors, Charles Wallace and Leo Ureel. This uses a block-based coding language, Snap!. Beginner difficulty.
Parker and Amanda lead this class. It covers the basic syntax and logic of the Python language. Beginner difficulty.
- Video Game Development Week 8: Finishing TouchesThis week we’ll be wrapping up flappy bird with some finishing touches. Find the slides here. Find the required assets for this week here.
- Video Game Development Week 7: The Player ManagerThis week, we will talk about the player manager. This will be in charge of player-specific tasks like knowing when we have hit an obstacle […]
- Video Game Development Week 6This week, we will be expanding on the obstacle spawner with an obstacle mover. We will also explore local space, and how we can use […]
- App & Web Design: 10/24Today we learned about drawing shapes on a canvas. First, we created a canvas using the design tab and dragging it onto the screen. Then […]
- Video Game Development Week 5: The Game ManagerThis week, we will continue talking about a topic briefly touched on in Week 4: The Game Manager. You can find the slides here You […]
- Week 3: Python Basics Part 3Welcome back to Python Basics! If you haven’t worked through parts 1 and 2, go back and make sure you understand those before you work […]
- Week 2: Python Basics Part 2Now, in our second week of class, we are continuing to refresh our brains on the basics of Python. We covered lists and how to […]
- Video Game Development Week 4: PrefabsFind this week’s slides here Find the Unity Package here Unity Documentation on Prefabs
- How to Write Python ProgramsAll of our programs for The Art of Coding are written in Python. To make writing programs in Python easier, we will be using the […]
- Week 1: Python Basics Part 1In our first week of class, we started a refresher on the very basics of Python. We covered how to print things from our program, […]