This page lists classes taught by CCCoders, organized by school year. If you have any extra questions or are not sure what class material you are looking for, don’t hesitate to contact us for help.
These are the classes being taught this year!
This class is led by August. We will cover the fundamentals of video game development in the Unity engine and C#. Advanced difficulty.
This class is led by Laura and Katie. It will focus on how we can merge code with art in the language Python. Intermediate difficulty.
This is led by CCCoder's own advisors, Charles Wallace and Leo Ureel. This uses a block-based coding language, Snap!. Beginner difficulty.
Parker and Amanda lead this class. It covers the basic syntax and logic of the Python language. Beginner difficulty.
- Expanding the Save ManagerThis week we will expand the save manager to save and load lists. We will use this functionality to implement a method for saving and […]
- Video Game Development Week 14: AnimationWe will be discussing keyframe animation at a high level, and Unity’s state-machine implementation of animation known as “Mecanim”. This week, we will be adding […]
- Game Development Week 13: Structs, Serialization, and Scriptable ObjectsThis week, we will be discussing structs, serialization, and Unity Scriptable Objects in order to implement a robust save/load system. Find the slides here Find […]
- Video Game Development Week 12: Creating an Inventory SystemThis week, we will be wrapping up some things from the jumping and moving class. After that, we are going to dive into using key […]
- Video Game Development Week 11: Jumping, Moving, and everything it entails…This week, we will be diving into all that great vector math that allows us to move characters, test if they are on the ground, […]
- Video Game Development Week 10: Implementing the “New” Input SystemThis week we will be talking about Unity’s “new” (it’s a few years old now) input system. This is not the default input functionality that […]
- Video Game Development Week 9: Revisiting the Spawner, Object PoolingIn this class, we will revisit the previous implementation of spawner, and overhaul it with object pooling functionality. Find the slides here
- Video Game Development Week 8: Finishing TouchesThis week we’ll be wrapping up flappy bird with some finishing touches. Find the slides here. Find the required assets for this week here.
- Video Game Development Week 7: The Player ManagerThis week, we will talk about the player manager. This will be in charge of player-specific tasks like knowing when we have hit an obstacle […]
- Video Game Development Week 6This week, we will be expanding on the obstacle spawner with an obstacle mover. We will also explore local space, and how we can use […]